Mary Kate And Ashley Olson From Full House To Fashion House – TheThings
Mary Kate and Ashley Olson did not start off living a private life. However, times have changed for the twins who starting in 1987 played Michelle Tanner for eight-seasons on the family sitcom, Full House. Starring opposite Bob Saget, Jodie Sweetin, Candace Cameron Bure, John Stamos and Dave Coulier, Mary Kate and Ashley really stole the show. The twins were truly loved by everybody, and eventually went on to appear in their own films.
Double, Double, Toil and Trouble, It Takes Two, and Our Lips Are Sealed are just a few of them. The most anticipated, though, being their last joint movie, New York Minute, in 2004. After which they retired from the screen [for the most part], and started living much more private lives while pursuing their careers as fashion designers. In 2006 they founded clothing line The Row, and in 2007, Elizabeth and James. The now 36 year old women to this day prefer living a very private life; it doesn’t mean we can’t discuss their clothing lines though.
Elizabeth And James
Elizabeth and James was the second clothing line introduced by Mary Kate and Ashley Olson. The not-so-high-end vision of the twins went straight to stores like Bloomingdales and Saks 5th Ave. It’s young and contemporary, a mix of masculine and feminine tailoring. As of 2018, though, the once $50 million business closed its doors after an attempt to make it more in line with The Row. The girls did end up signing a licensing deal with Kohl’s, which sold Elizabeth and James for a short time, but no longer does.
The Row is the first line of clothing by Ashley and Mary Kate, founded in 2006. This is a much higher end line than the previously mentioned Elizabeth and James. The sisters launched The Row with just 7 pieces and they were quickly swept up by Barneys New York. Named after Savile Row in London, Mary Kate and Ashley hold their line to the same regard as the traditionally bespoke tailoring of the shops on the famous London Road. Richard James, Geives & Hawkes, and Huntsman and Sons are just three of the Houses on Saville Row that do expert work. The twins admit they are quite the perfectionists too, especially when it comes to their clothing line.
Mary Kate And Ashley Olson’s The Row Through The Years
The Row started strong. In 2008, after doing two years of research, they announced Lauren Hutton as the model for the brand’s first lookbook. By 2011 they were already doing their first collaboration. The Row x Tom’s limited edition shoe collection. They continued on with many more collaborations, including Oliver People’s eyewear and Damien Hirst backpacks.They have won awards for Womanswear Designer of the Year, and Accessories Designer of the Year. The Row has flagships in Los Angeles, New York, and London, and is available at 164 stores in 37 different countries.
Celebrities Who Wear The Row
Quite a few top celebrities have been spotted in The Row apparel and accessories. From Gigi Hadid to Zoë Kravitz, here is what the stars love about The Row. Make no mistake, stars have been wearing The Row for years; it’s just getting the spotlight more recently.
- Jennifer Lawrence: Can be found in chunky boots from The Row and long wool coats. She is certainly not the only one obsessed with their stomper boots; it seems those might be a must-have this season.
- Kendall Jenner: Kendall has been spotted in a classic look from The Row. The beautifully tailored wide leg pants with white tee and oversized cotton poplin.
- Gigi Hadid: Gigi has been photographed on the go with her Park N/S tote from the line.
- Hailey Bieber: Hailey has been seen in single zip chunky boots from The Row on quite a few different outings. She also sports a few different handbags from the twins line including this half moon style one.
- Sienna Miller: Sienna was spotted in a stunning 100% silk double weave camisole and matching pants. She paired it with gold Cartier, making it chic yet effortless looking.
- Margot Robbie: Robbie wore one of the most stylish looks from The Row. The Delilah ribbed sweater dress with an amazing ankle-length wool coat.
- Meghan Markle: The Duchess of Sussex is a big fan of the classic elegance The Row offers. She has been seen in quite a few different sweaters as well as wool coats.
- Zoe Kravitz: Kravitz is a huge fan of The Row. She loves the simplicity of the brand. She is often seen in their classically tailored pants and is a big fan of their chunky boot; Zipped Boot 1.
Of course, Mary Kate and Ashley also wear their line from The Row, but don’t make as many public appearances as the rest of the celebrities on the list. In fact, they did show up together at the Paris fashion show for The Row, and were only briefly seen running everything in the background.
Copyright : https://news.google.com/__i/rss/rd/articles/CBMiVmh0dHBzOi8vd3d3LnRoZXRoaW5ncy5jb20vbWFyeS1rYXRlLWFuZC1hc2hsZXktb2xzb24tZnJvbS1mdWxsLWhvdXNlLXRvLWZhc2hpb24taG91c2Uv0gEA?oc=5