Essie, the nail care brand trusted by everyone from everyday beauty lovers to celebrities and high-powered salons, has launched a brand new range of plant-based nail polishes that are designed to offer a fully vegan and cruelty-free option.
The ‘Love by essie’ line comprise 80 percent plant-based nail polishes that make use of ingredients such as sugarcane, corn and cotton in place of typical petrochemical ingredients. The remaining 20 percent comprises pigments, mineral suspension agents and synthetic materials that boost performance and shine.
This line of plant-based nail polishes comprises 17 shades, all of which are vegan and not tested on animals. The polishes are also sustainably packaged by way of 25 percent recycled glass bottles, and plastic caps that make use of 93 percent recycled plastics.
Image Credit: Essie